This post was sponsored by Better Body Foods®, but all opinions are mine, and mine alone. Thank you to the sponsors that keep us Cooking Colorfully!
I’m surprising myself again. I’m really taking a breather from Holiday eating to focus on building a healthy workout/healthy eating habit. The Christmas themed recipes will come, but for now, I’m really enjoying eating simple, uncomplicated meals. Plus, I’ve got my lovely, real Cyprus Christmas tree to keep my Holiday spirits up!
With the new work out routine, I obviously need more snacks throughout the day. These bad boys are the perfect pre/post workout snack. You know those one bite brownies at the grocery store? These are better. The secret ingredient that make it lower fat than other such bites is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder by Better Body Foods that creates a delicious chocolate nut butter with the addition of only water. Get yours, here.
Of course, you can make these with regular peanut butter, but I’m digging the low fat thing (and of course, the taste). P.S.A. – You’ll want more than one, but try to limit yourself by only making small batches of these (7 per batch). This recipe makes about 10 bites, but it can be doubled, or halved!
As for the texture, the closest thing I can think of are truffles. And hey – any excuse to eat a truffle is a good one. If just a bite isn’t big enough for you, make a double batch of this and press it into a parchment lined square pan and cut into granola bar sized rectangles. Wrap in parchment paper, and take to work, school, or the gym!
Did I happen to mention they’re also vegan, dairy free (if you use almond milk), and gluten free? Holy TRIFECTA. It’s also no fuss, made in one bowl and whipped up in just five minutes.
Brownie protein bites that are low fat because they use Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder! They're delicious, and a perfect pre or post workout snack.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons golden agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons Better Body Foods® Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons almond milk or regular milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a rubber spatula until a very tough dough forms. Divide into 10-12 pieces and roll with the palms of your hands into perfect spheres.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.