What a week! It’s the first full week after I had a month without work or classes, and I can honestly say I’ve never been more exhausted! I learned that you can never have enough snack-type items when you’re away from the house for long periods of time.
A few times during the week, I had to buy a snack from the Tim Horton’s because I didn’t bring enough food from me. This won’t do! I try to eat a little something every three hours or so to avoid eating a huge meal because I’m so hungry from not snacking. Whoever told you snacking is bad is very wrong!
I’ve been going through quite the chickpea frenzy, lately. I use it in wraps, curries, sandwiches, dips, and now, a mid-morning snack! This delightful little snack is packed with protein, easy to make, and of course, healthy and cost effective – my two favourite things! Kept in an airtight container, they stay crunchy for a few days!
I’ve made this recipe at least 5-10 times (this month!!), and this is definitely where having a wide array of spices comes in handy! I love to make my chickpeas really spicy, so I throw in my favourite spice blends! On to next week – I’ll be equipped with little containers filled to the brim with crunchy chickpeas, look out world!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- After draining the chickpeas, wash them and lay them out to dry completely
- Place dry chickpeas on the parchment paper and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, and pepper
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chickpeas are crispy