A delicious intermingling of tomatoes and fresh mozzarella might be exactly what you’re craving tonight. Cradled in juicy portobello mushrooms, this recipe is an easy fix for dinner ruts.
Today’s post is so exciting, because R&M Cooks’ first ever video is live! For those of you who follow @randmcooks on Instagram, you’ve already seen the video below – and now, you can have the exact recipe! Enjoy, below!
I’ve always been a mushroom lover. Button, Shiitake, Chanterelle…all delicious. But my favorite mushrooms are portobellos because they’re so comically large: perfect for stuffing. I’ve stuffed them with a tradition Caprese pairing; tomatoes and mozzarella, but you can also use a number of equally delicious combinations that are dairy-free and/or vegan.
Two of my favorite stuffings are Sweet Peppers and Guacamole and Harissa Hummus and Roasted Pecans.
Another tip: I bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes, but I like my cheese extra melted (melty?) sometimes so I set the baking tray in for a few minutes of broiling. I am a big fan of oregano, and not a big fan of basil (hence the swap).
If you’ve made this recipe and love it, don’t forget to tag @randmcooks and use our hashtag: #randmcooks on Instagram.
These delicious caprese-stuffed portobello mushrooms are a perfect, juicy dinner. Stuffed with slightly sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, these mushrooms are a crowd pleaser!
- 6 portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mozzarella pearls
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh oregano or basil, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean your portobello caps by using a damp cloth to rub the dirt off. Snap the stems.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, and dried parsley. Brush the tops and insides of the mushroom caps with the olive oil mixture, and lay the brushed caps on a baking sheet face up.
- Add cherry tomato halves and mozzarella pearls to each cap.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Broil for a few extra minutes if needed.