More than a recipe, this is an idea to keep you looking forward to your busy morning! Parfaits are my favourite breakfast. They’ve got a little bit of everything: fruit, grains, and yogurt. Best of all, it’s so versatile! Grocery stores have infinite choices of yogurt flavours, fresh berries, and flavoured oats too! The blackberry-vanilla combo occurred out of sheer luck! It’s what I already had in my fridge! *Note-to-self: try fresh raspberries, chocolate granola, and vanilla yogurt.*
I made mine last night and it’s still fresh and tasty this morning. It’ll keep me full all morning until lunch (no extraneous snacking necessary!) I should tell you that if you want to make this already healthy breakfast even healthier, try making your own granola. You can control how much sugar goes into it. Here‘s a great little video I found on YouTube on “How to make granola”. I’d suggest making a big batch ahead of time! If you’re looking to grab some extra protein, add some flax seeds to your granola before adding it to your parfait.
People usually make parfaits in little glass dessert cups so as to see the layers, but I found these four gorgeous cups at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $4.99 and couldn’t resist displaying them. Can you believe that they’re plastic?! Will definitely be snooping around their aisles to see what treasures other I can find.
- ⅓ cup granola (homemade or store bought - I used store bought honey granola)
- ½ cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup fresh blackberries
- In a small glass or cup, spoon ⅓ of the cold yogurt and spread it in a layer onto the bottom of the cup
- Take ⅓ of your granola and layer it onto the yogurt, throw on a few blackberries
- Repeat this process until you've exhausted all your ingredients
- Top with a little sprinkle of granola (optional) and a few extra blackberries!