You’re in for a treat this Holiday season – especially if you live somewhere warm! This Mocha Crunch ice cream is every coffee lover’s dream; the strong coffee flavor has subtle undertones of maple from the Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee, the crunch of roasted pecans, and ripples of decadent and deconstructed Lindt Lindor Chocolate Assorted Truffles.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you to the sponsors that keep us creating and cooking colorfully! #HolidayFlavorsAreHere #CollectiveBias
Well, Halloween is officially over. This can only mean one thing; the Holiday season is upon us. Oh yes, welcome to the season of frenzied shoppers, twinkly lights, wafting aromas of linzer cookies, gingerbread, and peppermint. It truly is “the most wonderful time of the year”. This year, it’s made more wonderful with Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee and Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag – 19 oz the two stars in the incredible ice cream you’re wondering about above. Together with a cup of delicious Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee; brewed, this dessert course is the right sweetness to end off a full Holiday dinner. After all, coffee and dessert go together like Christmas and Presents!
Hover over the products in the image above to purchase to make your own Mocha Crunch Ice Cream!
As a Canadian, I got used to the typical: white Christmases with mittens, scarves, warm drinks and the icky feeling of ice in your boots. This year won’t be quite the same in Little Rock, Arkansas! One thing’s for sure, hot cocoa is not going to cut it in 80-degree weather. For a refreshing change, this Mocha Crunch Ice Cream is everything I love about Christmas – in a cone! Trade in your mugs – many of us have got to keep cool this Winter Season.
I know the song goes “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…” But I’m pretty obsessed with roasted pecans during Christmastime. The addition of roasted pecans was an absolute no brainer. Coffee; it’s essential during the Holiday season. This coffee is simply divine and silky with irresistible (especially to my Canadian tastebuds) maple tones that really come through in the ice cream.
Before starting out on this ice cream making journey, I mosied on over to my local Sam’s Club in Little Rock, giddy and wide-eyed, as I usually am when retailers let Christmas rule their aisles. I (unlike the other shoppers), knew exactly what I needed and I headed over to the Coffee/Creamer aisle to grab my Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee, and over the the centrally located (very accessible) chocolate aisle and grabbed the Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag – 19 oz and headed over to cash out.
C’mon, you know you want some…
Here’s treat for y’all when you grab this coffee for your Holiday season:
Savings Messaging (can copy and paste exactly as shown): Enjoy 50 bonus stars with purchase of any one qualifying Starbucks® packaged coffee or K-Cup® pods at Sam’s Club through 11/1/17-12/26/17 HERE
This ice cream does require an ice cream maker, and it’ll yield a most sensationally creamy ice cream that has the very present and rich flavor of Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee (that is just enhanced when served with a steaming cup of the brew), the crunch of roasted pecans, and tantalizing swirls of deconstructed truffles from the Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffles It’s a perfectly decadent dessert that will be the hit of the holiday season.
- ½ cup strong Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee, brewed and cooled
- 2 cups of skim milk (use whole milk for a creamier ice cream)
- 1¼ cup turbinado sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2¼ cup whipping cream
- 8 Truffles from Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag - 19 oz, crushed
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, roasted
- 1. In a large pot, pour in skim milk and Starbucks® Holiday Blend coffee, and heat over medium high. Whisk in the sugar and keep whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- 2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Pour in about ½ the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and whisk immediately. Continue to whisk until the mixture thickens. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the milk mixture in the pot and continue to whisk over the heat. Mixture will thicken into a custard-like consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with saran wrap so that the saran wrap touches the surface of the custard (so a skin doesn’t form). Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove the saran wrap and fold in the whipping cream and vanilla. Churn in your ice cream maker according to the machine instructions. (Churn for 10-15 minutes).
- 5. Add in crushed truffles from the Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag and pecans and use a rubber spatula to mix well. Transfer the churned ice cream batter to a freezer safe container. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Ice cream is not the typical holiday indulgence. Well, it should be. Mocha Crunch Ice Cream will now be something you can’t live without during Christmas time.
What is your favorite holiday recipe?