This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you to the sponsors that keep us Cooking Colorfully! #ServingUpTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Oh my one true weakness; chocolate. I had to give these away to avoid the temptation of eating every single one – trust me, my neighbors were all too happy to take these little guys off my hands. I’m a big fan of any ‘recipe’ that can be whipped up in ten minutes; especially when Holiday entertaining etiquette dictates that there has to be more than one thing at the table for your guests (who made that rule again?). I found the perfect partnership in Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake and Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream (6.5 oz.)! Two products that made my holiday season so much simpler!
If there are children running around, you’ll be especially glad to not have sharp cake knives around. One bite, no mess, no fuss! Now that’s how you keep it simple! The best part about it is the ease of clean up – it’s virtually a one bowl dessert, and tastes like like homemade (better, even), and again, the easiest dessert to whip up in ten minutes!
You could potentially make these into cake pops – but that would involve an additional glaze which I do not particularly prefer to the light drizzle of the Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream ‘icing’! The truffle-esque texture and delicious taste will fool everyone into thinking that these are made from scratch! It also really helps the taste that the Reddi-Wip® is made with real cream.
I shopped at Kroger for all of the THREE ingredients I needed for this decadent dessert. I found the Marie Callender’s® Loaf Cake in the frozen dessert section (probably my favorite section in the whole store), and the Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream (6.5 oz.) is in the Dairy aisle with the milk and creamers!
Let’s take a second to talk about the Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake (which is easily my favorite dessert now). It’s made from scratch with the best ingredients (LOVE the chocolate chips inside), and so, so easy to prepare. You take it out of the packaging, pop it into the oven, and BAM it’s ready to serve or to make into these lovely little Cake Bites!
Special bonus for visiting R&M Cooks: Save $1.00 on Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake at Kroger; click here or on the image below for the offer! Valid 11/14/17 – 12/30/17 .
Also, for the Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream (6.5 oz.), save $0.50 at Kroger! Click here or on the image below for the offer that’s valid 11/17/17 – 12/30/17! (Plenty of time to get the Holiday Desserts made)
- Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream (6.5 oz.)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk (or almond milk)
- Prepare the Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake according to the package directions. (I thawed out the cake, but if you're short on time, you can bake it in the oven!)
- In a medium sized bowl,sift in the powdered sugar. Add about 1 1/2 cups of the Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream to the bowl and use a rubber spatula to combine. Make sure that the 'icing' isn't runny. (If it is, add in some more powdered sugar)
- Reserve 5-6 tablespoons of the icing in a separate bowl. Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to it to make it into a drizzle consistency.
- Place the loaf cake on a piece of parchment paper and crumble with your hands. Add all the crumbles into the icing bowl and mix until you have combined all the ingredients well.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the mixture and roll with your palms into a perfect sphere!
- Place each cake bite onto a parchment paper lined plate. Drizzle all the cake bites with the reserved icing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The recipe will make 15-20 depending on how big or small you make each bite!