I’m forever looking for healthy things to snack on in between my main meals. When you start to feel pangs of hunger around 11 AM, this just hits the spot, especially for those of us with a sweet tooth! All my favourite bloggers have some variation of these no bake bites, and I can now see why! They’re so, so easy to make, and the recipe makes a ton- it’ll last you two weeks (if you can control yourself and just have one)!
Not a fan of too much sweet? No problem. The best part about these energy bites is you can add anything that you want. Ali, from Gimme Some Oven adds Salty Roasted Almonds to hers.
Slightly reminiscent of Reese’s Pieces, this little one bite snack packs in 3 grams of protein, and a whole lot of nutritional goodies! Be prepared to get a little messy! They’re held together by crunchy peanut butter, and moist, sweet dates!
I’d argue that you can even have these treats as a dessert, or breakfast! They’re healthy, delicious, and give you bursts of energy.
- 1 cup of instant oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ stick cinnamon
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Nutella
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 pitted dates, diced
- In a pan, toast the oats and coconut along with ½ of a cinnamon stick for 2-3 minutes until the coconut is fragrant and slightly browned
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and add the oats, coconut and rest of the ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix until combined with a wooden spoon
- With your hands, roll the mixture together into 1 inch balls
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then serve or store in airtight container for up to 1 week