Happy Valentine’s day to everyone! It’s definitely warmed up here in Canada, and I’m feelin’ the love! I know it’s tempting to indulge in all the delicious desserts that are discounted today, but I figured I’d keep my healthy streak going and celebrate the day with this refreshing mango sorbet for two!
I’ve got two Valentines this year, and although my fiancé can’t be with me today, my dear friend and I have a lovely evening planned: dinner, dessert, and movies! We’re both a big fan of mangoes. Unfortunately, we always have trouble finding sweet and fresh mangoes. This sorbet is our new obsession; a perfect way to enjoy all kinds of fruit!
It’s easy! All you need is a food processor and four ingredients and you’re on your way to an incredible, healthy dessert. The variations are also endless. Like my Vegan Mango Ice Cream, you can use any frozen fruit to make this sorbet.
Tip: Make sure to stir the mixture after freezing for 30 minutes so that the sorbet isn’t rock solid after the first hour in the freezer. The more you stir in between freezing, the easier it will be to scoop!
- 3 cups chopped mango, frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add frozen mangoes, honey, water, and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until completely pureed
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and stir. Freeze for 30 minutes, use spatula to mash and stir the mixture, and freeze for another 30 minutes